Tara A. Scully For Surrogate Court Judge
With more of a decade of experience in the practice of law in the area of wills, trusts, and estates, Tara is well-equipped to serve as Suffolk County Surrogate, and has been found qualified for the office by the Suffolk County Bar Association.
As a working mother and former President of the Suffolk Women’s Bar Association, Tara has a unique understanding of the challenges that families face and has helped hundreds of Suffolk County residents through the difficult process that they are confronted with following the loss of a loved one.
Tara’s reputation as a competent professional who approaches her work with caring, integrity and a legendary work ethic, is well-established. Her pledge to keep politics out of the Surrogate’s Court means that Suffolk County families can rely on fair, impartial treatment when they are faced with the loss of a loved one.
Building on her years of work helping Suffolk County families navigate their way through the complex and sometimes confusing court system, Tara has clear goals to ensure that the Surrogate Court works for the people that it serves:
- Adopt best practices to protect the fairness and integrity of the court.
- Keep political influences out of the court at all times.
- Caring and sensitivity for needs of families after loss of loved ones.
- Prompt resolution of estate issues to protect family assets.
- Zero tolerance for conduct or actions that demean the Court.
As an and experienced and well – qualified candidate for the office, Tara will bring competence and integrity to the bench as Suffolk County Surrogate